I've been applying for jobs lately and it can be stressful and discouraging. But hey, at least we have computers and the internet. We don't (usually) have to fill things out by hand and mail them in! Here's a few bits of advice I have for you:
- Keep a spreadsheet of where you've applied to, what position, the link to the posting, if you've applied, the date you applied, and if you've heard back. It helps to keep everything organized and it's nice to see what places you've applied to
- Reward yourself for applying. Have a cup of tea or a piece of candy
- Look daily or almost every day at new postings on job boards
- Keep everything updated
- Do informational interviews. Get to meet people and maybe get some introductions to others in your field
- Don't give up. We can do this!
Can you think of any advice to add?