I watched all of Unbreakable: Kimmy Schmidt twice in 9 days.
There's a new show called Unbreakable: Kimmy Schmidt, available on Netflix. I watched it last weekend when it came out and then again this weekend. There are only thirteen episodes and they're each less than half an hour long, but it's such a great show.
It's about a girl rescued from an underground cult and the show has some pretty great quotes. My best friend and I were texting the best of the quotes to each other last night. (She was also watching the show for the second time in a week.)
So here are my favorite quotes in no particular order:
- "Stranger danger? I'm a stranger danger ranger!"
- K: "Can you help me with math?" T: "Girl did you just hear me say libary?"
- "Are we in trouble copicer?"
- "They're coming out with a new I-Phone today which means our old ones are gonna completely-dammit!" [Phone breaks}
- "Uretha! That's it!"
- "I’m just a regular guy. I like NASCAR and fishing. You know, quoting Borat, setting up universal remotes."
- "Black, gay, and old. Oh I won't even know which box to check on the hate crime form."
- "Ariel, this thingamabob is not going to work."
- "Things sound better with a British accent. For example: 'The dolphin died on the sidewalk.'"
- Paintball: "The straightest of all weekend activities."
- "I'm being bullied and I'm not even fat!"
- "Straight men never give any indication that they're listening."
- "You don't know what you look like? How do you know your self worth?"
- "Hashbrown no filter."
- "Stop the presses my paninis can wait!"
- "Age doesn't matter, you can die at any time."
- Ju: "My first wife..." Ja: "Turned fifty, I know. And I would never do that to you."
- "2090 called, you're dead and you wasted your time on earth."
- "It's so funny what people who have never been kidnapped think is scary!"
- "Troll the respawn, Jeremy."
So if you have some free time, or are looking for a new show to watch on Netflix, you should watch Unbreakable: Kimmy Schmidt. It's super funny and deals with Kimmy being a survivor and not a victim.
Have you watched it? Tell me what you thought, and until next time, troll the respawn Jeremy.