The only thing I'd probably feel more "Pacific Northwest" in is yoga pants, a flannel shirt, and flip flops. But this outfit is far more put together than that combination, and it's pretty comfy. The sweater was made by my great-grandmother, and has held up wonderfully over the last few decades. It's comfy to wear around, especially because it's so giant.
- Shirt: Kohl's (sold out of red); Similar Macy's
- Jeans: Loft; Similar Modern Loft and Curvy Loft
- Sweater: Handmade by my great-grandmother; Similar L.L. Bean and L.L. Bean
- Shoes: Palladium; Similar Frye and Nine West
- Watch: Anne Klein (old); Similar Fossil, Fossil, and Fossil watches
What's something comfortable you like to wear?
They say that if you don't like the Washington weather, just wait five minutes. I've got a pair of rain boots for when the weather is at its worst, as we're supposed to get this week. They're cute, but a little tall for me. Of course, that doesn't stop me from wearing them. But with or without wear, rubber bloom can develop on the boots, as you can see on mine. I showed how I clean off the rubber bloom in this blog post.
And while I'm usually pretty bad at remembering to grab a coat unless it's currently raining, I've usually got a thin rain jacket I have in the backseat of my car for when I forget.
While walking through Macy's a couple of weeks ago, I spotted this plaid dress and fell in love. It was the last one left and I'm so glad I bought it. It's currently my favorite item of clothing. I love how I can dress it up with heels, or dress it down with boots and tights; I just wore it with my brown flats to a party.
- Dress: Tommy Hilfiger; Similar Ralph Lauren, Anne Taylor, and Rails dresses
- Scarf: Target (old, but this one may be identical)
- Boots: Frye; also see Frye Extended Calf
- Purse: Fossil
- Watch: Anne Klein (old); Similar Fossil here
What's your favorite piece of clothing?
I'm excited to break out the flannel and the plaid for fall. I know, I'm against wishing for the next season over and over each season, but I am looking forward to a few of my favorite wardrobe pieces that I save for the fall and winter. This shirt from Target is one of my favorites, and I love this skirt from the Loft. I'll probably be wearing this outfit around quite a bit.
What are some of your favorite fall pieces?