There have been a few things I've bought that have completely been worth the money. I value quality over quantity, but even so I've balked at spending the money on some of these items. Some took me years to finally buy because I wasn't sure I should spend the money. However, these items have been totally worth it. Funny enough, the stuff that I rarely regret buying is usually my outdoor gear. Of course it needs to stand up better than my everyday or work clothes, so there is that. My favorite splurges are my:
- Patagonia Better Sweater Jacket (REI sells this too)
- L.L. Bean Thinsulate Boots (They're great for walking in nasty weather, around town, or even on small adventures on the side of the road. However, I probably wouldn't do any hard-core adventures in these.)
- Arc'teryx Beta Lt Hybrid Jacket (It's on sale as of the publishing of this post! This is something I got on sale from REI last fall and it's been amazing.)
- Osprey Sirrus 24 Pack (Also on sale as of this publishing)
- REI Co-op Flash Sleeping Bag
Next on my list of things to invest in are a good pair of hiking boots, hiking pants, and trekking poles. And maybe a pair of Darn Tough socks. I've already got the boots picked out, I'm just waiting for a coupon.
What's been worth the investment for you?