I recently got a new car, and there's a few things I need to get for it. I've looked around, and thought about what my family has had in other cars, and I've decided that these are some of the things that every car should have.
- Hand Sanitizer. For when you use a public bathroom, or want to eat food in your car. Just get a small bottle and put it somewhere accessible.
- Money. Just a little bit for emergencies.
- Jumper Cables. In case your battery dies and you need to be jumped. That way, you don't have to wait for a tow truck or for someone who has cables themselves.
- Spare Tire. Granted, I can't change one, but I've got it and I could manage. (I could just call someone to come help.) But it's good to have.
- Baby Wipes or similar. To clean sticky hands.
- Pen and Paper.
- Cell Phone Charger. Super obvious, I know.
- Umbrella. I know, I know, we live in the Northwest and don't use them. But it's not a bad idea to have one in the car. We have to admit that we use them sometimes.
- First Aid Kit.
- Flashlight with new batteries. Just a smart thing to have so you don't have to wear down your phone's battery using it as a flashlight.
- Blanket. Mylar blankets are small. I just bought a nice sleeping bag that I'll probably keep in my car.
- Spare Leash. So you can get a loose dog. I'm a animal lover and I've gotten a stray/lost dog or two with a spare leash.
- Dog Treats. So you can lure that loose dog to your spare leash. Just put them in something. I've accidentally crushed dog treats in the trunk with groceries.
- Towels. For when you're wet or dirty. Or that loose dog is wet or dirty and you don't want them sitting on your beige leather seats.
- Ice Scraper. For those winter months when it freezes over.
- Chains. Less necessary, but useful for going over the mountains. I'll probably be buying some later this year. My car isn't going to do great over the passes and if I've got them then I've got them.
What do you think? Is there anything else that should be added?